“Pure naturally grown, chemical-free foods made by the sun, the earth and the rain.”
The SWOOM Atlanta is pleased to announce the launch of the SWOOM Pure Foods Farmers Market at Atwood Community Gardens. Our market sales support the NEXT Steps Youth Entrepreneur Program (a 501c3 non-profit organization). The SWOOM Pure Foods Farmers Market opens on Thursdays (weekly) beginning June 7th (4-8pm)!!! Atwood Community Gardens is located at 779 Atwood Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30310. Our growing partners for the 2012 SWOOM Pure Foods Farmers Market will include:
• Life Essentials Market (West End Atlanta, GA)
• Atwood Community Gardens & Urban Farm (West End Atlanta, GA)
• Metro Atlanta Urban Farm (College Park, GA)
• Pop Culture International (Atlanta, GA)
• Odom’s Produce (Montezuma, GA)
• ByrdFood Vegan Eats & Treats (Atlanta, GA)
• Haylene Green The Garden Queen (West End Atlanta, GA)
• Batdorf and Bronson Coffee Roasters (Dancing Goat, Downtown Decatur, GA)
• Mother Clyde Memorial Community Garden (West End Atlanta, GA)
• Patchworks City Farms (West End Atlanta, GA)
• Westview Community Garden (West End Atlanta, GA)
SWOOM Market Project continues it’s mission to create a culture of health. We collaborate with institutions and organizations to support markets and create events which create public awareness on issues of health, the food movement and culture.
• To supply fresh produce, whole foods and prepared whole food products to the southwest community to provide healthy food and heighten awareness.
• To create a “culture of health” through education and outreach
• To support local artisans and crafts persons by providing a regular venue to sell their wares.
• To support and overall healthy lifestyle and vibrant local economy.
• To maintain a self-supporting market through vendor fees, sponsorship and merchandising
About The NEXT Steps Youth Entrepreneur Program
Atwood Community Gardens & Urban Farm is a youth-driven social enterprise project created by The NEXT Steps Youth Entrepreneur Program. Our goal is to teach at-risk, inner city youth how to impact their quality of life through environmental stewardship, social entrepreneurism and urban agriculture. Each summer since 2010, youth ages 10-17, have learned how to manage a farm; grow, harvest and sell naturally grown fresh fruits and vegetables; operate a farmer’s market; engage in sales and marketing activities; and meet mentors in professional S.T.E.M. careers.(See 2011 Herb & Farm Summer Internship Presentation)
About Atwood Community Gardens
NEXT Steps manages Atwood Community Gardens & Urban Farm — a 3.5 acre urban agriculture training center and outdoor event facility located at 779 Atwood Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30310. It lies in the heart of West End Atlanta (near the Atlanta University Center, Morehouse & Spelman Colleges). NEXT Steps uses the transferable skills from managing the farm to help introduce at risk students to career pathways in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (S.T.E.M.). According to the U.S. Food Desert Locator, Atwood Community Gardens will serve 5,982 low access residents of the Westview Community (30310) of West End Atlanta, GA.
For more information about SWOOM Atlanta and The NEXT Steps Youth Entrepreneur Program, please visit our websites at www.swoomatlanta.com and www.nextstepsyep.org or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations can be made to our PayPal account: email@example.com